#sol18: Tea for Three

Friday, March 9, 2018

#SOL18: March 9th

Tea for Three


 

     "Aunt Leah, come here!"

      As I walked into my mom's, a sticky little three year old hand grabbed mine and pulled me up the stairs.  My niece led me into my childhood bedroom, where I found a table set for "tea."  Plastic food, tiny cups of water, and plates with fancy chocolate cookies and a watermelon gummy awaited me.

       A seat was reserved for me: Lhae.  New spelling, but a heartfelt attempt at a name tag.  I sat down, and we began eating our cookies.  My plate slowly filled with more cookies deposited by little fingers as they realized that those fancy cookies were the dark chocolate variety.  My watermelon gummy also disappeared into my daughter's hand.  She's sneaky, that one.

     There we were, three ladies having tea in the late afternoon.  Cheerio!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!