#sol18: Bedtime Play{mobil}

Thursday, March 15, 2018

#SOL18: March 15th

Bedtime Play{mobil}

 

All Hail the King of Egypt!  Egypt!
All Hail the King of Egypt!  Egypt!
All Hail the King of Egypt!  Egypt!
All Hail the King of Egypt!  Egypt!

      Here we are, sitting in a darkish room, lit only by the Christmas lights that seem to have become permanently affixed to our wall, and the light of my computer.  The kids are playing with their Playmobil figures.  My son is putting on a dance show, singing the song above as he moves his figures.  My daughter is digging through the people, looking for the skeleton figures.  I am pretending not to listen to them as I type, because I don't have a story to write for tomorrow.  It must be March.

      My daughter announces that she is turning the lamp on so that she can find her characters easier in a giant bin of toys.  My son then turns it back off.   She turns it back on.  They love to do that sort of thing.

     Here we are, 2 minutes until bedtime, and they are still locked into their play.  I'm too tired to do much about it, so I sit and listen to them.

     My daughter is now crawling around the bin, which is somewhat clear, rather than digging through the basket.  She then decided to just take handfuls and dump them on the floor.  This seems really productive.  I mean, bedtime in near.  Efficiency is key.

     "OK, guys.  We can finish this tomorrow.  It's bedtime."  They walked up stairs, brushed their teeth, and went to bed.  It was almost dreamlike.

     Wait, it was a dream.  I think I dozed off for a minute.  The reality getting to bed version was not so dreamy.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!