#sol18: Snoopy Tears

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

#SOL18: March 20th

Snoopy Tears



     The tears come on suddenly, and without any warning.  It could be a picture on Timehop.  It could be when I go to put food away that my kids left out so that she won't get it.  It could be when I see Snoopy merchandise out in the world.  Sometimes, it's the ringing of Christmas bells like the ones she would hit with her nose to go outside.  Finding her hair on my scarves does it, too.

     Snoopy, I miss you.

     I hide my tears so that my kids don't get upset that I am upset.  But how do I not cry, when my fur child has left us?  It's been a few months, and those months have had holidays, and normal days, that have made me think of her.

     I miss the dog sitting under the dinner table, hoping for a snack.  I miss the dog who followed me around the house, just because she wanted to.  I miss the tail that would wag hello as I came home everyday.  I miss the dog laying next to me.  I miss finding her in her spot in my closet.  I miss the moments we had that have now become Timehop memories, even though they make me cry.  I miss her.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling this type of pinch. I understand it though. I now might write about my fish, Mr. Darcy tomorrow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, our fur friends do leave a big hole in our lives and it takes so long to get over their absence! We lost our dog at the end of last year and I know just how you feel! Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharing a few of those tears right now.

    ReplyDelete