#sol18: Smiles Found on a Thursday

Friday, March 23, 2018

#SOL18: March 23rd

Smiles Found on a Thursday



I wasn't particularly looking to find reasons to smile, but smiles are often found when you least expect them.

     One was hidden behind a sprinkle cookie from my favorite bakery, near the Star Wars birthday
          candles we purchased with them.

     One escaped when my daughter read Officer Buckle and Gloria to me, and Gloria was so Gloria.

     One snuck up on me when a 7th grader surprised me with a hug.

     One illuminated my face when I put a picture of two former students in U of I sweatshirts on my
          desk, knowing that's where they are headed in the fall.

     One was thanks to Smedley Butler.

     One was the result of a text from a coworker.

     Many were caused by Slice of Life posts written by 3rd-5th grade Huskies.

     One was a smile of relief as the last dose of an antibiotic was measured.

     One was for the moment my son said, "Mom, you look sassy in those."  I guess wearing my
          daughter's sunglasses do that.  :)

Smiles.  They sure do make a sunny day even sunnier.




3 comments:

  1. I’m smiling reading this. I love the way smiles sneaked up on you and the clever way you intridced each one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list made me smile, too. Thanks for sharing, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun to read and picture. A truly delightful slice!

    ReplyDelete