#sol18: Lonely at Starbucks

Thursday, March 29, 2018

#SOL18: March 29th

Lonely at Starbucks



     After school I decided to stop and meet some coworkers at Starbucks.  I was running late, so they were already there.  I figured I would just pop in for a late latte.  Or perhaps a tardy tea.  Or a detained decaf?  That's crazy.  I don't do decaf.

     I parked my car and went in.  I opened the door, and scanned the room.  They were nowhere to be seen.  That's impossible.  They should be already here.  Isn't this Lyons?

      I then realized that I was at the wrong Starbucks.  I suppose when there are so many in one area, there is a danger that you can go to the wrong one.  LaGrange and Lyons start with the same letter.  Yeah, it makes total sense that I would mix that up.  Or, I just need a good night's sleep.

      Hey, at least I had a cinnamon almond milk macchiato to keep me company as I stood there, lonely at Starbucks.  

2 comments:

  1. Pros and cons to this. Would have been fun to end the week chatting with friends and at the same time a little silence with a steamy drink in hand sounds pretty lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beautiful thing about Starbucks is that it’s always open, ready and waiting for another cup that hopefully won’t be so lonely. Until next time, friend.

    ReplyDelete