#sol18: An ABC Slicing Post

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

#SOL18: March 7th

An ABC Slicing Post

  

     Today I was able to join a 5th grade class to slice!  Thanks 5SS for the invite and letting me join you today!  When I walked in, Mrs. Suomi was showing some students an ABC post.  Suddenly, I knew the format of my post.

Here is a slice about slicing with 5th graders in an alphabet post.

Arms length away as they write around the room

Being brave and putting their words out into the world

Crafting slices that matter to them

Dancing stretch break mid slicing (random, yet effective)

Engagement on the writing task!

Finding their voice while using flexible seating

Gazing around the room for writing inspiration

Having the a little help from #TheForce as they write (thanks to a Star Wars T-shirt)

IPad bloggers

Jotting down ideas that turn into stories and treasured memories

Knowing that their post will be read by others

Learning about their classmates in a new and authentic way

Memories and achievements captured in words on blogs

Not just writing, but commenting too!

Opening your heart and your mind to the power of daily writing

Poems written just for teachers (that made me tear up a bit, too)

Quiet whispers as kids collaborate on slices

Reading a post aloud to the class with pride and expression

Stuck on a Slice ideas on an anchor chart

Talking through ideas before drafting

Using an iPad makes writing with a broken arm easier, too!

Voice sneaking its way into writing

Writer's block becoming unblocked through peer conversations

eXtra steps before publishing to X out visible errors

You can comment on their blogs, too.  Just go here.

Zoo posts?  I have no idea.  But I also don't have an idea for Z.  :)

 

9 comments:

  1. This is great! I love your ABC list. A great idea for any writing assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being Brave and the JOY of comments -- their Slicing is just like ours! As soon as I comment on your post, I'm going to their writing. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I'm sure they will appreciate you taking some time to read their post!

      Delete
  3. LOVE! Thank you so much for joining our community of bloggers today! The kids were excited to have a special guest blogger join us. Your ABC format is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! That's so cool! I think I'm going to use this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun format! I might use that idea sometime! :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun format! I might use that idea sometime! :-) ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  7. You inspired many ABC poems today in 5th grade! <3

    ReplyDelete