#sol17: Gold

Friday, March 17, 2017


Day 17 of #sol17

     Today is St. Patrick's Day, so I was on the lookout for little green footprints.  Streaks of green and pots of gold were on everyone's mind, and emerald was the fashionable color of the day.  Did I find any gold?  You bet I did!  While I did not find a rainbow, nor the pot of gold that should be at the end of it, I did find treasures all day.  Here are the pieces of gold I found...

     -A teacher whose voice and courage will help our students battling immigration issues

     -A donut covered in coconut and chocolate

     -Kinders who found the leprechaun tracks and explained their traps to me

     -Administrators working together to be the best they can be

     -New sketchnoters sketchnoting!

     -Teachers willing to have honest conversations at difficult times

     -Random St. Pat's day greetings from my coworkers

     -The promise of the Baby Sitters Club movie, purchased today for a student

     -Corned beef and cabbage with my family

     -The excitement my kids had for Liam the Leprechaun

     -My iced coffee after school

     -My dog allowing me to dress her up in green

     -My daughter's book order arrived!

     If I had a pot, it would be full of gold.  Perhaps not the kind that could fill my bank account, but certainly the kind that fills my heart.

   































5 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love your ending! Beautiful! ~JudyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! There's always so much to be grateful for in our daily lives. Thanks for sharing your gold moments today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you found the "GOLD" in today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! Did L reach her Babysitting Club goal?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won my heart with your pot of gold celebrations, Leah. http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2017/03/march-musings-18-celebrate-your-life.html

    ReplyDelete