It's A Hard Knock Life

Saturday, March 23, 2019

#SOL19: March 22nd



     "So, how did you put them on?"

      "Let me show you."

       I reached into our just arrived dance duffel and reached for a make-up bag filled with things that I myself have never used.  Lip liner, lip stain, eyelash glue, and fake eyelashes.  I pulled the eyelashes out of the bag, opened the case, and peeled one out of the container.

      "Put the eyelash on the clear cover you took off the case.  I use the glue that has a brush applicator.  Put the applicator in the glue, and put a thin line of it on the eyelash.  It will shimmer a bit so you see it.  Let it sit there for a minute or two so it dries a bit.  I highly recommend putting the eyeshadow and eyeliner on first.  If you put some eyeliner on the upper lid, then you don't see your mistake as much if you put the eyelash on a bit too high.  The eyeliner helps cover it.  When you put the eyelash on, just press it down in the center first, and then do the sides.  You got this."

      Our kids were getting dressed in their full costumes for the It's a Hard Knock Life portion of their competition dance, and here I was telling another dance mom how to put on eyelashes.  Two weeks ago, I almost had a full blown anxiety attack over the mere thought of gluing my daughter's eye shut and making her go blind because of a dance competition.  But, here I am, talking eyelashes without losing my mind.  There was even a calmness in my voice that surprised me.  I'm still not thrilled that this is the conversation I'm having, but at least I'm calmer about the process for my daughter.  I'll call that a win.

      The team went on to practice their number, eyelashes and all.  They are going to be ready for their competition in two weeks.  Let's just hope their {dance} moms are, too.

1 comment:

  1. Yessenia MaldonadoMarch 26, 2019 at 4:16 PM

    Yay! You did the lashes. Its terrifying at first but get's easier.

    ReplyDelete