Treasures: A Slice of Life

Monday, March 16, 2015

Writing teachers need to write themselves.
I am participating in the Slice of Life 2015 Challenge, 
where I attempt to write stories and narratives about moments in my life.
I apologize if this blog post veers off the informative "literacy lens" I usually write through.
This month I am pretending to be a writer, for my students' benefit (and my own).
Writers write. 
#SOL15


Treasures are abundant this St. Patrick's Day Eve!

a Junie B. Jones book
a baby bottle favor
a fuchsia marker
a yellow crayon
Dopey
a glow in the dark rubber duck
a pink marker
a green crayon
a LEGO wheel
a Playmobil baby
a picture of a colored alligator
2 Barbie Happy Meal toys
random Hot Wheel tracks
Wonder
a plastic fake bun
a hairbrush for a doll
a stuffed Sneetch
Tinkerbell
a Michael's bag
a blow up Statue of Liberty torch
a pirate penguin
a lonely mitten
a dog bowl

Silly leprechaun!  
You are supposed to leave the treasure hidden at the end of the rainbow, not on my kitchen floor!  



One of these days, I will catch up with life.  I seriously just sat on my kitchen floor and just typed a list of all the random stuff I saw.  The kids are in bed, and I am just listing all of their toys.  It is just easier to do that clean it up, I suppose.  It can wait until tomorrow, when a new list of random things will appear in their place.  Our pot of gold is the self-replenishing kind it seems.

My children are making memories.  Right?  
Is that supposed to make me feel better, even when I step on random toys in bare feet?  

Oh well... Right now I will settle for the treasure of my pillow.






5 comments:

  1. I loved this post!!! A very creative slice and way to write! I hope you get a chance to catch up. I feel like I am playing catch up all the way until May... and then by June, playing catch up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone except my floor contains the edibles that have been flung on the floor too. Tonight is was
    Avacado
    Pear
    Milk
    Cherrios that get crushed into a million pieces before anyone picks them up. I watched my seven year walk through the chaos this weekend purposefully crushing them.

    It is at that moment that I give up hope and just put on some slippers so I don't notice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the thing about cleaning it all up is, in six months you have to do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post says so much about you! I just read another post about what was on a writer's bookshelf. I have also read about kitchen tables. Our surroundings say so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post! Thanks for helping us working girls know we are not alone. Just love the line, "One of these days I will catch up with Life." Couldn't have said it better.
    Darla & Jen

    ReplyDelete