July Blogging Reflections

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Day 31 of #btbc16
Reflections on Writing

I'm going to be honest: I didn't blog all 31 days.

Oops.

There were some PD sessions that pre-occupied my time, and then a few days in Michigan where I left my computer at home on purpose.  I made up a few of those days on other days,  but not all of them.  I'll forgive myself, though.  I *almost did it.

Instead of blogging in Michigan, I played with toys. :)
This is my family and my sister's family in Playmobil form in Michigan .
Aren't we cute?  Totally worth the unplugged time.
This round of blogging was a bit harder for me.  There is just so much going on in the world, and it really affected my thinking.  I had a hard time following the prompts at times because my mind was on other things, yet I didn't really want to share the things that were on my mind.  Writing is supposed to liberate you and allow you to express yourself, but recently I have seen too many arguments over social media between people I love.  There were a few days where I drafted posts that I just could not publish.  I suppose I am choosing to censor my own freedom of speech a bit in order to prevent arguments these days.  It makes me sad.  I guess I would prefer to express my feelings on some of these big government and social issues face to face, I suppose.  

Thanks Michelle Brezek at @bigtimeliteracy for getting me to write a bit more on my blog.  Maybe I will even write those posts that I never wrote in 2015-16 before 2016-17 begins.  Maybe.  :)

1 comment: