LEGO Injury

Monday, March 23, 2020

#SOL20: March 23rd

          My daughter had a bandaid on her foot.  

          "What's that on your foot?  Why do you need a bandaid?"

          "Oh, that's from that LEGO I stepped on.  It's pretty bad.  It was one of those hinge pieces.  I didn't think it would hurt that much, but it really did."  My daughter said this as she walked into the front room.

          "What are you doing now?" I asked.

          "Playing with my LEGOs," she replied.

           I wanted to tell her that there is no such thing as LEGOs, just LEGO bricks, but I knew she wouldn't appreciate the correction.  I just found it funny that she was so quick to return to something that hurt her so bad.  I suppose when you love something, you find a way.  Even if it's a LEGO brick!

           

3 comments:

  1. Goes to show you that when we love something, even if it hurts us, we still love it. Sounds like a life lesson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the simplicity of this piece and how it is packed with so much depth at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with her though, man does it hurt to step on one of those!

    ReplyDelete