Be Present

Wednesday, July 12, 2017


     I was at the eye doctor with my son, and I found myself looking at this sign on the wall.  I have to admit, I stared at it longer than I would have thought I would have to to read it.  About midway through the stare, I almost convinced myself that I need glasses myself.  But then, I was able to decipher the message.  

Y
OU
CAN
RARE
LYSEE
WHATIS
RIGHTINF
RONTOFYOU

(I promise, it's a lot harder to read when the letters get smaller and they are weathered on wood. 
Or my 40 year old eyes might actually need glasses now, too.)

     My #oneword for last year was Present, so this sign struck a chord with me.  It's so true.  It's amazing the things that we miss that are right in front of us.  Our life gets busy, our stress tells us to focus on other things, our eyes don't focus on the things that our right in front of our face.  It's up to us to refocus on what matters.

    Thank you, eye doctor, for the reminder.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good reminder!
    I would have also had a hard time reading the sign on the wall!
    But the reminder...excellent

    ReplyDelete