Socks

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

#sol22: March 9


      Is it weird that instead of matching the immense basket of mismatched socks, I instead went to Target and bought my kids new socks?  That way, I could go another week without having to match those mismatched ones.  Is that strange?

     And, is it even more weird that the day after I bought those socks, I asked my daughter why I didn't buy myself some new socks, too?  Because this week I wore Christmas socks in March because that's where I'm at.  A nice new pack of mom socks would have been a super smart purchase.

     But then today, when I checked Twitter first thing and thought the world was just too much, and I realized that we also didn't have coffee to brew, and the kids didn't want to get up, and I was running around, I had to go to that sock basket.  I went into my room with a scowl on my face, and looked down.  There, on top, were two black socks.  A match, unmatched, but right next to each other.

     The sock fairy turned my day around. That pair of socks went on my feet, and I put one foot in front of the other, and it was a good day after all.

     Do you think the sock fairy will return on Thursday?  Fingers crossed...

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for the sock fairy! I have also gone and bought socks after I dropped ALL the orphan socks in the trash during a moment of rage. (Can't believe I admitted this LOL). May you continue to be blessed by the sock fairy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just be right there with you! That sounds rather therapeutic, actually.

      Delete
  2. I LOLed about you wearing christmas socks, but I relate, I'd buy more socks too. Did you get coffee? We can't have this happen two days in a row. I'll deliver tomorrow morning if you didn't! xx

    ReplyDelete