Qubosity

Saturday, March 5, 2022


#sol22: March 5th

     
     It was family game night, and we decided to play Qubosity.  You role the cubes, and then you have 30 seconds to go around the table to and name things that start with the letter we rolled.  

L

Me: Long Walk to Water (grabbed the Books cube)
K: Lakers (grabbed Sports Teams cube)
J: Lost key (grabbed Things in a Purse cube)
G: ....(thinking)....

Time's Up!  G took a chip, and we rolled the next letter.  We also rolled the cubes we had just grabbed and put them back into the middle to form new categories.

P

Me:.........
Me: Still thinking
Me: Come on!  Why can't I think of anything?
Me: Seriously?  How are there only 10 seconds left?
Me: Wow.  Think is embarrassing.

The timer went off, and my family just looked at me sympathetically before rolling a new letter.  My daughter did make sure I got my loser chip, though.   It made me wonder, is Friday night the best night for a teacher to be playing a timed word game?  Perhaps all the words in my teacher brain have been used, and Friday night should be a night of cognitive rest.  That, or P is just not my letter.


 
     

 

7 comments:

  1. yes! cognitive rest! I need that every day at 4:30, and DEF on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Well told! I experience a similar phenomenon with word games...my proficiency declines through the night. And there's no tired like Friday night teacher tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Well told! I experience a similar phenomenon with word games...my proficiency declines through the night. And there's no tired like Friday night teacher tired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is any day a good day to play after teaching and being so very "on" for so much of the time? lol. My mom used to be the word game queen. Now, after some tia's and one springtime of seizures, she gets too frustrated and game night is reserved for dominoes, Rack-O, TriOminos (can't remember how that one is spelled!), and the like. Me? I have no excuse. My brain just gets full of mush and no strokes have been involved. It was a fun read! Thanks for sharing and for invoking thoughts and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love family game nights :) How nice of your daughter to make sure you got your loser chip, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what it was about yesterday, but I was spent too. Left a birthday party much earlier than I thought I would b/c I was exhausted. I'm sure it was just a flash in the pan. Next week is a short week. You will be great next Friday! We used to do family game night on Sunday after a big dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely agree with the no mental tests on Friday! By 8:30, I’m as good as gone. I admire your ability to even attempt playing a game in the first place!

    ReplyDelete