6 Word Stories

Thursday, March 10, 2022

#sol22: March 10

      Today, we had a meeting where we had to make a 6 word story in a group of 3, describing our year.  I'm usually a writer, so I was surprised how hard it was to write a story collectively.  In the end, I let my partners take the lead a bit and just contributed, but have been reflecting ever since about why that was so hard. We ended up starting with words that described struggles, then joy, and I realized that it's been more of a rollercoaster of a year than a linear plot line.  What story do I want to tell?  What year am I describing?  Honestly, I had to look through some pictures to tell my story.

A few are optimistic for the future.





One that is a bit more pessimistic, because there are a lot of things we can't control.



Perhaps a few that just show my current state of mind.



     One that is just more fun.  Because, Wordle.


     Maybe I can't write just one 6 word story about my year, but I am certainly feeling better after looking at some memories.  Perhaps there are just too many stories to tell.  For that, I am thankful.




















2 comments:

  1. Great reflection on today. LOVE your pictures and the story you tell. It has been a roller coaster but I feel like I'm screaming all the way to June - in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah. I almost wrote a six word story today. I haven't tried one yet, but your post makes it sound like it certainly isn't "cheating." Sort of like writing haiku. Simple things are hard. Your photos are incredible. I like how you joined all of the stories throughout the year, highlighting the ups and downs of this thing we call life. I enjoyed this post; thank you for sharing.
    t

    ReplyDelete