Mini Corn Dogs

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

#SOL19: March 27th



      Two cousins, bumper bowling together on Spring Break.  There they were, knocking down pins and building up an appetite.  So, we ordered some mini corn dogs from the kitchen.

      My niece tore through her corn dogs and requested more.  But, there weren't many left. I was puzzled for a minute, because they tend to eat pretty slowly.  Were they really so hungry that we ran out?  

      I glanced down at their plates.  My daughter, owner of the white plate, only eats the breading.  She carefully ate the breading and left the mini hot dogs, discarded on the side of the plate.  My niece, who was just eating out the basket, had a pile of mangled breadings, with no hot dogs to be seen.  The simple solution?  I grabbed the hot dogs that had been abandoned by my daughter and gave them to my niece.  Everyone was happy once again.

      These two are an odd couple.  They could grow old together, sharing one meal if they wanted to.  Together they would finish one corn dog.  What a team!  

1 comment: