Bookstore Finds!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day 5: Remember When


     I was out and about on my own the other day, and wandered into a Barbara's Bookstore.  I had recently read a great list of books that you won't be able to put down from Buzz Feed (here).  I went in with the full intention to buy a real, adult novel.  I honestly cannot remember the last novel that I have read that was intended for adult readers, not young adults or children.  I remember when I used to read just for myself.  I thought maybe it was time once again.

     Well... my three first picks weren't on their shelves!

     I walked over to my comfort zone, and found this stack of lovely books!  A little bit of something for everyone in the O'Donnell house. A new Piggie and Gerald book for my daughter, a few young adult novels for me, a discounted Chris Van Allsburg for my office, and an activity book for an awesome book of maps for my son.  Turns out my son really loves Roller Girl.  It is a graphic novel, and I keep finding him "reading" it when my house suddenly goes quiet.
     If you have someone who likes maps at your house, I do highly recommend the book Maps by Aleksandra Mizielinksa.  It is oversized and bursting with awesomeness.  

     Someday... Someday I will be an adult reader again.  :)  Unitl then, I can't wait to read Book Scavenger!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!