The Percussion Bus

Sunday, March 13, 2022

#sol22: March 13

     My kids both had an I.G.S.M.A competition yesterday, so I had to drop them off at their schools on a Saturday morning to catch a bus to go to the performance.  My daughter had already been dropped off, and now it was my son's turn.  We pulled into the parking lot and started making our way to the front doors.  

      "Look, Mom!  There's the percussion bus, too!"

      "A percussion bus?"

      "Yeah, for the vibraphone and the timpani drums.  Those won't fit on a regular bus."

      I looked down the driveway, and saw the "percussion bus."  I was a yellow rental van.  I was suddenly thankful that they had one available in school bus yellow, because it did look like it fit right in with the regular buses.

      As he jumped out of the car, I made him pose.  I told him, as a percussionist, it was required.  




 

1 comment: