Pickles

Thursday, March 3, 2022

#sol22: March 3


     I was walking past this 6th grade classroom, and the teacher's question caught my eye.  

Pickles: Delicious or Gross?


     I immediately thought about the pickle Doritos that a friend recently brought to my house.  She had run to Walgreens to get juice boxes for our kids, and came back with a back of pickle flavored Doritos.  GROSS, right?

     I mean, it would have been rude not to try one.  So, I reached into the bag and took a bite.  A science experiment of sorts.  She looked at me kind of strange, not sure what my reaction was going to be.  At first, I must have made a face, because she said, "What do you think?"

     "They taste like Cool Ranch Doritos, but they are a little sour."

      Then I looked at the bag again.  "CRUCH SOUR PUNCH" was written in big bold letters.  I knew my assessment was fair.  When my sister arrived, I told her to try one.  Before I knew it, almost the whole bag was gone.  

Gross? It turns out, not really.

Delicious?  Not quite.

A little intriguing?  You bet.













     



 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a big chip person, but I LOVE pickles. In fact there was a group of people in my childhood who called me/knicknamed me Pickles. Maybe I should pick some up next time I'm at the grocery store?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, pickle doritos. I feel like I'd not like, but like you, I'd prob eat the whole bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would try those! I've seen pickle flavored potato chips, but not Doritos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great description and close up of your taste sensations...I'm not a fan of pickles so I definitely wouldn't have tried one, but I loved what you wrote!

    ReplyDelete