A Beautiful Today

Thursday, July 31, 2014


Day 30 of #BTBC14
Create a "someday" list: What do you want to get to professional or personal?


     The path that we take in life is full of choices.  Some streets are paved, others are dirt paths not traveled often.   Others, it seems, are rope ladders that bring pure joy (like the one at the Arboretum). My son was climbing through the rope path, with my daughter chasing after him, and I realized that, while I was supposed to be thinking about "someday," I was busy enjoying my "today."

     I love my career.  I am really enjoying my time as a literacy coach and working with my fantastic coworkers, both at Hiawatha and throughout my district.  I am so thankful for the opportunities I have been given.  

    I love my family.  My kids are the joy in my life, and even though having two little kids can be exhausting, it is the good kind of exhaustion and is easily remedied with a cup of DD coffee.  

    Someday, I suppose I would like to get regular sleep, and I would like to be able to watch my TV shows live (rather than on the DVR a year after they aired).  I would like to read books for pleasure again, and I would love to go to Disney with my family.  I would love to re-certify with the National Board.  I would love to be debt free.  

     Until "someday" happens, I will enjoy today.  There was a lot of beauty all around me today at the Arboretum, so I thought I would share part of my "today" with you. 









(Thanks, +James Kloss, for the "rocking my photos" tips during Summer PD!)












No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!