An Old Empty Chair

Wednesday, August 13, 2014



"Old empty chairs are not empty in reality; memories always sit there."
-Mehmet Murat Ildan
     Today,  I walked around the building with my principal, and we looked at the classrooms of our 8 new staff members.  Classrooms of last year, redecorated and reenergized with the creativity of new teachers.  Inspirational quotes,  fun pillows and decorative items, CAFE boards, and new libraries.  I could have taken lots of pictures (if my phone had any storage space left) but I just had to take a picture  of this chair.  I was actually in my office when I saw it get carried into the building.  The huge Seuss fan that I am, I had to seek it out.

     The truth is, this chair is a sign of future learning events.   Thinking about the kids who will sit in it to read their books,  or  children sitting at its feet while a story is read to them, brings such excitement!  1st grade students will become readers by this chair.  And I get to watch them grow as they learn from their teacher.

    As the quote above says, old chairs are always filled with memories of the past.  What I look forward to is the memories that are about to be made in that chair.

    It is back to school time.  Let the new memories begin!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable. As my parents always said while I was growing up, the best thing about memories is making them. :)

    ReplyDelete