A Berry Nice Letter

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Day 16 of #btbc16
Letters

Dear Kenner Toys and/or The Bridge Direct,


     I would just like to say thank you for re-releasing the 1980 version of the original Strawberry Shortcake.  I bought it one day at Target, noticing it on the end aisle.  I came home with it, and my daughter quickly asked, "Is this for me, Mom?"  My response was quick and to the point. 

     "No."

     Mommies get new toys, too.


     Today, I was at Toys R Us, and I happened to see that you are now releasing Strawberry Shortcake's friends, too!  In their original glory, too.  They even have their little friends with them!  I eagerly looked through the stack for Butter Cookie.  Huckleberry Pie, Blueberry Muffin, and Lemon Meringue were there.  I was sad Butter Cookie was not in the selection.  I have included her (pictured in her box) in case you wanted to remember how cute she was.  You should bring her back, too.

     Also, Apple Dumplin' would be great for my sister.  Yeah, she's 37.  She'll love her all the same.


      I then immediately looked for the Garden Gazebo.  That is one of my favorite toys from my childhood.  Sadly, it was not on the shelves.  My sister was also sad.  This would be another fabulous toy to bring back for the 35th Anniversary of Strawberry Shortcake.  I would buy one for my niece and my daughter, so that would be at least two!  I might even buy one for me, and one for my daughter.  I could definitely be persuaded.

     I would berry much appreciate you considering my request.  Thank you!

     Sincerely,
     Leah O'Donnell, child of the 80's

1 comment: