#OneWord2018: Organize

Monday, January 1, 2018



     My previous #onewords were present (2016) and confident (2017).  In my #bestnine on Instagram, I see evidence of both words!  I see opportunities where I was present with those in my life, and times when I remembered to be confident even in times of uncertainty and challenge.  I believe in the power of one word.  But what should my new word be?  

     I then stared around my kitchen table, filled with clutter...  I looked at my desktop, filled with files and screenshots and randomness.  I made a to do list, and I couldn't even process where to start first.  

     Organize.  I need to organize

     I almost went with declutter (as in declutter my mind and space).  But, after looking at the definition of declutter, I realized that my goal isn't to ultimately remove unnecessary items from my life.  It's more to organize my life so that I can declutter if necessary.   So, I looked up organize.


     When I read the definition of organize, I actually discovered it was the perfect word for me.  While my initial reason was just to be organized in my actual space and environment, I read that and realized that the word can mean so much more.  I had searched it as a verb, not as the adjective that I had originally intended on.  As a Literacy Coordinator currently working on an aligned curriculum with many groups of people coming together to make that happen, I realize that organize will help me me more successful with that, too.  

     The adjective (organized) works, too.  Perhaps not that organized crime example, but more like an organized Google Drive.  :)


     Here we go, 2018!  If I don't become organized, at least I have the intent to organize.  That's a step forward, right?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!